- October 11, 2023
- FUJITSU GENERAL LIMITED
Independent assurance of
greenhouse gas emissions Obtained
~Covers over 97% of greenhouse gas emissions throughout the value chain~
On September 15, we obtained third-party assurance from KPMG AZSA Sustainability Co., Ltd. for the greenhouse gas emissions of our non-consolidated and consolidated subsidiaries for the fiscal year 2022.
This year, in addition to the assurance for Scope 1*1 and Scope 2*2 greenhouse gas emissions, we have newly obtained the assurance for Scope 3*3 Category 11*4. As a result, within our current calculation scope, the scope of warranty covers more than 97% of greenhouse gas emissions across our entire value chain.
Additionally, in fiscal 2022, we converted all electricity used by our group to renewable energy, achieving virtually zero greenhouse gas emissions from electricity use *5(Scope 2 market-based method).
Fujitsu General Group has been promoting "Sustainable Management" with "Harmonious coexistence with our planet," "Social contribution," and "Care for Employees" as the three pillars, placing the expansion of business through contribution to the realization of sustainable society at the core of our growth strategy.
The acquisition of this independent assurance will be an opportunity to promote our medium- to long-term environmental targets and raise employee awareness of climate change, thereby contributing to the realization of a decarbonized society.
- Scope 1: Direct greenhouse gas emissions from the company's use of fuel and fluorocarbon
- Scope 2: Indirect greenhouse gas emissions from the use of electricity and heat purchased by the company
- Scope 3: Indirect greenhouse gas emissions other than Scope 1 and 2 (emissions by other companies related to our activities)
- Category 11: Greenhouse gas emissions associated with the use of sold products (Air conditioners)
- Note that the CO2 emissions of Scope 2 are zero because of the contracts for renewable energy electricity and the Purchased renewable energy electricity certificates.